Holiday Gift Guide 2021
It’s finally here...the most magical time of the year! If you are anything like me, you have been waiting for the holidays since...well...last holiday season!
In celebration of my first Christmas as the host of Small Business Spotlight on BCTV.org, I am compiling my Holiday Gift Guide for 2021 in advance of Small Business Saturday (which falls on 11/27 this year). Below, I’ve listed some of my favorite small businesses in every category so you can shop for everyone on your list. Please note: Many businesses are in or near Berks County, PA (where I’m located), but all have dedicated websites where you can shop online for both products and gift cards.
For the Fashionista:
-The Curated Closet (www.thecuratedcloset.net)
- Both an online boutique and a brick and mortar location within The Mercantile (444 N Main Street, Doylestown PA 18901), The Curated Closet is the perfect choice if you want to spoil someone (or yourself) with designer clothes this year...but on a budget. TCC specializes in selling designer clothes for steeply discounted prices, and also features a EuroLuxe line of high-end items (shoes! bags! Men’s clothes!) shipped straight to you from Europe. For more info, visit the website above, or visit their social media accounts: FB (https://www.facebook.com/TheCuratedCloset.net) and IG: (https://www.instagram.com/curatedcloset_/)
Photo credit: Facebook
- For the Shoe Lover:
- Want to give the shoe lover in your life the gift that they will be talking about forever? Look no further than Leviticus Fashions. A PA based company, LF specializes in creating completely customized leather boots that are sure to turn heads wherever you go (trust me, I modeled them… and never wanted to take them off!). Supremely sexy, absolutely gorgeous, and so comfortable that you can dance an Irish jig in them (true story), these aren’t to be missed. Check them out online or visit their socials: FB (https://www.facebook.com/leviticusfashions) and IG: (https://www.instagram.com/leviticuslady/)
Photo credit: Leviticus Fashions
- Sincerely Ginger Jewelry (www.sincerelygingerjewelry.com)
- Whether you want to gift fine jewelry to a loved one, a friend, or yourself, Sincerely Ginger Jewelry has stunning pieces. Featuring one-of-a-kind handmade designs created from eco-friendly gold, diamonds, and gemstones, jewelry designer Ginger Herbein creates stunning art that will last for generations. Planning to get engaged this holiday season? Ginger will work with you every step of the way to create an engagement ring and wedding bands that will be completely customized to fit your dream design. Even better? If you know someone getting engaged and you refer them to Sincerely Ginger Jewelry, you can earn a $450 credit towards a jewelry purchase for yourself! Find out more at the website above, or on their socials: FB (https://www.facebook.com/sincerelygingerjewelry) and IG (https://www.instagram.com/sincerelygingerjewelry/).
Photo credit: Ginger Herbein
- For the Oeniphile:
- The Bar Cart (www.thebarcartpa.com)
Opened in the summer of 2021, The Bar Cart is a Pennsylvania producers tasting room and bottle shop. Featuring an ever changing cocktail menu, Pennsylvania wines, craft beer, and cider, stop in for a drink while you peruse the bottle selection to take home. If you live local to Berks County, PA, it is the best place to go for both drinks and amazingly fun educational classes and tastings. Additionally, you can find top shelf wine and spirits to build your own “bar cart” at home, all the while receiving guidance from owners Chris and Kacie Griffith as they educate you about what you about what you need! Visit them online or on their socials: FB (https://www.facebook.com/thebarcartpa) and IG: (https://www.instagram.com/thebarcart_pa/)
Photo credit: Facebook
- For the Fine Art Lover:
- Jennifer Gershon, Fine Art Portrait Photographer (https://jenngershon.myportfolio.com/)
- A truly unique gift, surprise the art lover in your life by turning THEM into a completely customized piece of art that will be handed down for generations to come! Award-winning fine art portrait photographer Jenn Gershon (Bucks County, PA), creates completely customized, highly innovative portraits that will be sure to make an excellent gift for even the most challenging person to buy for on your list. For more information, check out Ms. Gershon’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Vizzzuals) and IG: (https://www.instagram.com/vizzzualsfaces/)
Photo credit: Jennifer Gershon
- For the Kids:
- The Freckled Fawn Boutique (www.thefreckledfawnboutique.com)
- A brand-new business created by a toddler mom, The Freckled Fawn boutique features stunning, cuddly, and child-safe handmade toys and play sets created with a Montesorri learn-through-play vibe. Featuring free shipping on all orders as well as play ideas for kids, this is one small business that anyone with littles (or buying presents for littles!) will definitely want to support. In addition to checking out their website, The Freckled Fawn is on FB (https://www.facebook.com/thefreckledfawnboutique/) and IG (https://www.instagram.com/thefreckledfawnboutique/)
Photo credit: Facebook
- For the Man in Your Life:
- Muddy Creek Soap Company (www.muddycreeksoapcompany.com)
- This amazing small business (located at 608 Penn Avenue in West Reading, PA) has a little bit of everything: handmade soaps, lotions, bath bombs, children’s products, etc. I highlight them here for the men in your life, however, because of their own line of all-natural men’s products: soaps, beard oil, shave oil and lotion, and more! Did I mention that everything is vegan friendly and all natural? For more information, visit their socials: FB (https://www.facebook.com/muddycreeksoap) and IG (https://www.instagram.com/muddycreeksoap/)
- For Someone who Needs Pampering:
- European Medical Massage and Spa (http://www.euromedspa.com/)
- The perfect gift for anyone on your list, a gift certificate to a service at a local spa run by a small business owner is a foolproof choice. Being a Berks County local, I LOVE European Medical Massage and Spa, located in Shillington, PA. Your giftee can choose from an incredible spa menu--facials, massages, reflexology, and so much more--and they are guaranteed to enjoy working with such a warm and inviting staff. Check out their FB (https://www.facebook.com/euromedspashillington) and IG (https://www.instagram.com/euromedspashillington/)
10 Other Small Business Gift Ideas you can Purchase No Matter Where you Live:
- Purchase a gift certificate for a family member from a photographer who is local to them so that they can have professional family pictures taken.
- Go to your nearest small town and browse the eclectic boutiques you find--you will be sure to find something for someone on your list!
- Get a gift certificate to a local restaurant (non-chain)
- Pamper the ladies you love with a day of beauty--purchase a gift card from a local makeup artist so that they can get their makeup done for a special event!
- Find a local craft fair (there are usually tons around the holidays), and purchase some fun, handmade items for the people on your list.
- Pre-pay a babysitter who is local to a loved one so that they can have a night out.
- Purchase a class run by a small business owner (wine tasting or wine making, painting, dance classes etc.) to give as a gift.
- Create a gift basket full of lovely things from local boutiques/stores/farmers markets to showcase many of the amazing things your area has to offer.
- Purchase an advertisement for your loved one’s business in a local publication.
- Look and see what those on your list really need. Babysitting...home cooked meals...house cleaning...tutoring for their kids...if you are in a financial position, help with bills...you name it. Look within yourself and your skill set to see what you can bless others with this holiday season.
Sending lots of love...and happy shopping!